Monday, September 4, 2017

BROADWAY SEASON 2016-2017 – THE MUSICALS

Here you’ll find images from all the musicals, new ones and revivals, which opened on Broadway during the 2016-2017; plus the City Center Encores! and Off-Center series. Some became hits, others closed in a few weeks, but I believe all of them are worthy of celebration.

This season winners at the Tonys were DEAR EVAN HANSEN (Best Musical, Leading Actor – Ben Platt, Featured Actress – Rachel Bay Jones, Original Score – Benj Pasek & Justin Paul, Book – Steve Levenson, Orchestrations – Alex Lacamoire), HELLO, DOLLY! (Best Revival, Leading Actress – Bette Midler, Best Featured Actor – Gavin Creel, Best Costume Design – Santo Loquasto), NATASHA, PIERRE AND THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 (Best Lighting Design – Howell Binkley,  Scenic Design – Mimi Lien), COME FROM AWAY (Best Director – Christopher Ashley), BANDSTAND (Best Choreography – Andy Blankenbuehler)

PS.: To see larger images just click on them.
BROADWAY MUSICALS 2016-2017






CITY CENTER ENCORES! 2017

ENCORES! OFF-CENTER 2016

4 comments:

  1. Great job, it brings back memories even though I did not see everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Humberto, I only saw HOLIDAY INN at BroadwayHD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Jorge
    Thanks for the very nice collection of photos. I did not even get close to seeing any shows on the great white way. But I was very lucky to see a bootleg copy of Midler's Dolly on Youtube before it was pulled. Also got to see Jake's performance from Sunday on Youtube and what a fine acting job he did, singing too. And not even a Tony nomination.....shame.

    Hope you enjoy Follies, you are so very lucky to be able to see that production. Happy travels.
    Thanks and aloha,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only believe I'll be seeing FOLLIES live on stage when I see it, although I already had my tickets.

      Delete